Friday, July 17, 2009

My Glow Keys is a great investment


Ok, here's the deal, I have a HP Pavilion dv5-1251nr Laptop. This is a great laptop which I would definitely recomend to everyone. However, the keyboard is a bronze color and the lettering is black. This makes it very hard to see. I could not see them at all at night, and sometimes I could not even see them in the day time. I guess HP forgot to try their laptop out in low light conditions before they released it. So I did some research to try to find me some glow in the dark stickers or something that would help me see my keyboard because it was really getting anoying. I finally stumbled upon http://www.myglowkeys.com/ and was really excited. They accepted paypal, which was really important to me for security reasons, so I decided to try them out. I ordered one set of stickers for 14.95 to go on my laptop and guess what...They sent me 2 sets! I received them 3 days after I ordered them which I was more than pleased with. I put them on immediately which took a while to get them perfectly straight because I'm a perfectionist. But let me tell ya, these things are great! They are not just glow in the dark stickers. Otherwise they would not glow for very long because glow in the dark stuff requires light to charge the glow back up. Myglowkeys uses the light from the computer to reflect off the lettering which ultimately lets you see. It's a lot like the reflective stuff on some running shoes and the reflective stuff on road signs. I no longer have to strain to see my laptop keyboard. They also look great in the daytime! I will try to put pictures up here of my keyboard. I don't have any before pictures becuase I was to excited to think about it. But I can show some after pictures. One final note. If your laptop from HP is still under warranty, they will replace the keyboard with a better colored one for free. I contacted them and they said that they could have it done at no charge to me within 7-9 business days. So if you have that option then you might want to take it. Otherwise myglowkeys is the way to go. And this is just another random blog.

6 comments:

  1. If you were smart enough to buy a Mac in the first place, this would not be an issue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be right anonymous, but I could not afford one at the time. My brother has one and I really like it so if I get another laptop, I would probably get a Mac if finances permitted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre right; A smart person would have gladly paid twice as much for a Mac, just to be able to read the keyboard and look trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have pictures available? Are these people still in business? I've tried contacting them but received no reply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the Mactard who posted the first comment.

    ReplyDelete